Over 2,500 promotional booklets on food and cooking from commercial and non -commercial sources, dating from the late nineteenth century, show the development of advertising art as well as the stated purpose: how to use new foods (avocados in the 20s), new appliances (electric refrigerators), and how to find new uses for old foods (sauerkraut pizza in the 70s). Call the Rare Books Department at (213) 228-7350 for an appointment to view.
- Type your search term(s) in one or more of the search boxes.
- Use an ampersand (&) between words if you want each word to be present.
- Use a slash (/) between words to indicate that either word need be present.
- Words without an ampersand (&) or slash (/) between them will search for that exact phrase
- Use an asterisk (*) to truncate your search term(s).